View Single Post
Old 03.28.2008, 04:32 PM   #75
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Interesting examples of style, there.

Having style has little to do with good looks and more with an aura of charisma and confident intellect that can transform someone's average looks into a ray of light that commands respect. In the case of Cobain, personally I've always found his dress sense deplorable, mainly because the unwashed look irritates me. By unwashed I mean someone who literally looks like they haven't washed, some of the geezers upstairs come across like they need a bath, but who knows, they might be also the cleanest people you could come across, therefore their pulling power is a joyous combination of good mind-practice and clumsy looks.

Also, intellect is gift that can transform the fortunes of any ugly duckling. People, especially the normal kind, are generally intimidated by an intelligent and sharp creature, therefore they are more prone to think about them and put them on a pedestal.

I was trying to pick out people who were not examples of 'sexiness' in the sense of 'this person makes me hard/ I could look like that' (erotic/ auto-erotic respectively) but examples of gracious dressing, which is an oft-neglected aspect of style, methinks.

I also wouldn't hold up Cobain as an avatar of any style, but the reason that particular look is so pervasive is because he wasn't ugly to look at. I suspect there are those who'll vehemently disagree with this, but the 'Pete Doherty' look is quite pervasive at the moment precisely because he dresses like that and doesn't look like a pile of cunt. Again, I wouldn't say that was a style I admired, but you get one person not looking like utter cunt in clothes that are utter cunt and suddenly the whole world dresses like utter cunt.

There's a lot to be said for the intellect, or grace, or carrying of the individual, but that's very much a personal, 'real-world' thing that I don't have pictures of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|