View Single Post
Old 05.16.2012, 06:11 PM   #1360
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I like Martinez but I think he'd be a big risk at a club like Liverpool. At Wigan, the expectations are so low that simply staying in the Prem (which they only just managed) is considered a successful season. Martinez hasn't had to deal with the expectations of Champions League qualification and a decent title challenge, season after season, where every loss is a crisis and where every player brought in is expected to be world class. Plus he'll have a similar problem to the one that faced AVB at Chelsea: key players coming to the end of their career and another massively expensive flop in Carroll to deal with. Rightly or wrongly, just as Terry etc refused to take AVB seriously, I doubt if Gerrard or Carragher would be in favour of a young upstart manager like Martinez taking hold of 'their' Liverpool. It's a totally different situation to the Martinez has at Wigan, and until that old guard is finally eased out, I think they have to go for a more established and experienced manager to see them through the transition. They won't, though.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|