View Single Post
Old 06.16.2015, 09:39 PM   #1008
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Seriously though if Yeezy bricks I'm gonna be a little bummed, but it won't make the rest of his music any less meaningful to me. I refuse to participate in the current capitalist market culture and the planned obsolescence it depends on. I'm ashamed of Pitchfork for writing this now that I think on it. In what world is this speculative nonsense News? Are we on Satellite 5 here?

And Wouldn't it be great for the market if Kanye stopped being such an omnipresence in the music industry? People are looking at the man like he's a goddamn IPHONE 6, thinking, "all I've gotta do is bring him down a notch and then Me and Interscope and Columbia can put, like, THREE Kanyes in his place! And then money!" or something...

Statistically he probably should have dropped about 3 semi-bricks by now, but he's never even come close. And that's just my opinion. Plenty of people hate him, and even many of his fans believe he's been bricking for years. My belief that his output is like that of the Beatles between 1965 and 1969 is certainly by no means objective.

Also, I'm really enjoying using the word "Brick" as a verb. It's so crude and stupid!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|