View Single Post
Old 06.16.2015, 08:26 AM   #1001
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I just read a kind of gut wrenching feature on pitchfork titled, "Kanye West is Going to Drop a Brick and it's Going to Hurt."

For once, I can't really say that I can really disagree much with the speciation and reasoning behind this idea, but it's truly a painful thought. A comment about how unlikely it seemed that Kanye would match or surpass artists like Drake, Kendrick and for some reason Chance the Rapper (who hasn't even truly released a record this year for fuck's sake) hit particularly hard.

... With each passing month, I feel more and more grim about how this "new album," if such a thing even exists anymore, is going to play out.

2 years now since Yeezus, and what do we have? Nothing, more or less.
The rough cuts of the first few tracks aren't holding me. I have started to ask myself if Kanye wouldn't be better off throwing in the towel now.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|