View Single Post
Old 04.16.2009, 01:55 PM   #73
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer
Wait so Rick, *do* you listen to music for enjoyment, like, at all? >.>

I hope you don't imagine me stroking my beard and furrowing my brow in deep concentration while analyzing every aspect of each new record I hear while comparing it against the greatest records of all time.....I do actually listen to everything for enjoyment. Even if I don't enjoy it....I try to!

That's part of growing up before the age of the self-serve/download-everything-for-free era. When I bought a new record as a kid, you can bet that I mowed a neighbor's lawn or washed someone's car or babysat someone's kid for it....so dammit, if I didn't immediately like a record I had bought, I listened and listened until it clicked, or I'd be trading it back in for store credit. In that way, I do suppose I'm a patient and more contemplative listener than what it typical in today's youth. But that doesn't mean I'm not having fun with music. I probably have more fun with music than anyone I know. (tooting my own horn there....sorry!)
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|