View Single Post
Old 04.15.2009, 04:35 PM   #61
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rick
Does it sound like I'm bitter for missing out on the past? I'm talking about "now" if you haven't noticed. I was born 10 years too late to know what no wave was when it was happening. But I wasn't bitter about being born too late because I was born just in time to enjoy Sonic Youth at their peak, Thinking Fellers, The Clean, Public Enemy, reading Forced Exposure, etc., etc. I have enjoyed that No Wave book for its historical perspective, but with all the great music I've enjoyed since finding freeform radio and zines and meeting friends who enjoy lotsa great music, too, I still don't get the least bit nostalgic for what I missed while I was watching Sesame Street.

[rhetorical]Are you an offended Modest Mouse fan, or are you just bitter or contrarian in general (or just on the internet)?[/rhetorical]
Fine, fair enough. But I still don't see why "serious music fans" should only chase after what is influential and have no respect for anything of the era that isn't bleeding edge. This is why you raised the halcyon age point, correct? Modest Mouse aren't pioneering anything so why waste your time either way? Honestly I can't imagine any of the Modest Mouse fans here say that everything else new nowadays is shit, anyway. Hopefully I misunderstood your point.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|