View Single Post
Old 01.16.2007, 02:17 PM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm generally quite standard English if I'm talking to non-Westcountry types, but when speaking to my own I go hyper-rhotic. We have lots of 'r' sounds regardless of whether the has rs or not.

I note, reading on: "In England, rhotic accents are found in the West Country,..."

I should note though that 'West Country' probably doesn't include some boroughs of Bristol, where 'r' sounds are often converted into 'l' sounds. One of the things that constantly fascinates me about English dialects is how, if you're from an area, you can often pin people's upbringing down to within 5 square miles. Or is that just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|