Thread: CVB thread
View Single Post
Old 08.13.2007, 01:03 PM   #9
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
About the "clever" critisism... I sort of get it. BUT (and this is a huge but) they can be sweet, too. "All Her Favorite Fruit?" C'mon. NO ONE isn't moved by that one. And I can't think of any other band that can sing "Life is Grand" and have you actually believe it, or at least believe that they believe it.

Again, I sort of get the critisism. I'm thinking of Talking Heads' debut, and how the cuteness on that makes that album, for me, unlistenable. (Thankfully, they started balancing the fun with genius on the 2nd and ohmygod on the third). But CVB never struck me that way. I guess I think the jokes are good. Even stuff like "This here verse is for the people in Russia...etc." makes me smile. Almost everytime. Maybe a decade from now, if I do nothing but listen to them, I'll start to get annoyed.

But yeah, what the hell happened with Cracker? Just like I can't understand why people can't love CVB, I can't figure out why people like Cracker. And, correct me if I'm wrong, Cracker has waythefuck outsold CVB.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|