View Single Post
Old 05.21.2009, 05:46 AM   #58
bloodcrystallisetosand
bad moon rising

bloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's asses
i thought that it was the LEAST regarded album - it's the one that had that lass writing the review calling for them to split up out of fear that they'd sink to even more dispicable depths. that, coupled with similar if slightly less extreme reviews i'd read, and that the only song i'd heard on it, nevermind, had the worst lyrics i've ever come across (within music that i've actually chosen to listen to, rather than just being on the telly/radio/etc), meant that i gave it a seriously wide berth until the last couple of months...

i've discovered that it's pretty good, but i don't get the mindblowingness that the rest of the board seems to get. i think that it fits really nicely into the discography as an intermediary between atl and murray street, but it seems to be the least structured of the records and i personally see it as more syr than sy regular, too free and loose.

also i bet it pissed geffen right off when it got dropped to them to try and promote - wierdest record ever put out by a major label?
bloodcrystallisetosand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|