View Single Post
Old 04.25.2009, 02:36 PM   #36
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyohan
Nooooo! The whole point about It Takes A Nation is that it used all those same samples, but the Bomb Squad made it sound like a much tougher, and tighter record than anything before, or arguably since, in the genre. Its also still the pinnacle of Chuck's lyricism for me.
Fear of a Black Planet is also great, but not the ground-breaking album that It Takes a Nation was.

I'm agreeing with this.

Nation Of Millions is back to back powerful, noisy brilliance. It's like getting punched in the face for half an hour. My main point being that there is no rest, it just never quits until it's over.

Fear Of A Black Planet has too much filler if you ask me. Well maybe not filler, but just stuff that breaks up the flow of the album. Pollywanacracka, Incident at 66.6 FM, Anti-Nigger Machine, Reggie Jax, et al. Though Burn Hollywood Burn and 911 Is A Joke are two of my favourite Enemy tracks, I still don't think this album is a satisfying follow-up to Nation Of Millions.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|