View Single Post
Old 04.25.2009, 02:31 PM   #35
Kyohan
bad moon rising

Kyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWRA

Definitely agree. I think Fear Of A Black Planet is astonishingly good while It Takes A Nation Of Millions is only average: its the same James Brown loops that were on every hiphop album of that era, so predictable and meek compared to FOABP (which is the true 'bring the noize' album). I prefer Apocalypse '91 and Muse Sick... to ITANOM too.

Nooooo! The whole point about It Takes A Nation is that it used all those same samples, but the Bomb Squad made it sound like a much tougher, and tighter record than anything before, or arguably since, in the genre. Its also still the pinnacle of Chuck's lyricism for me.
Fear of a Black Planet is also great, but not the ground-breaking album that It Takes a Nation was.
Kyohan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|