Thread: Penderecki
View Single Post
Old 03.12.2011, 11:06 AM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Seven Gates of Jerusalem is probably the one I listen to most. That Matrix 5 is a collection of his noisier early pieces, right? I tend to think that the 'noise'/ enharmonic aesthetic was something he sort of explored for effect, rather than because of an immediate interest in the sound itself (unlike, say, Ligeti or Xenakis). I don't know, he's definitely good, but he's sort of more of a minor figure, in my mind. You should probably check out Stabat Mater though, that's one of the 20th century's better choral things (NB I don't really like choral music except Tallis and Bruckner)

Cool, thanks, informative as always; yeah, Matrix 5 is noisey in parts, almost DUMITRESCU ish, which is what attracted me to him to begin with. Seven Gates of Jerusalem is another one I have that I really really like.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|