View Single Post
Old 07.30.2010, 01:18 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsygrrl
We sponsored a German exchange student during the '90's. He was really impressed that wherever he went he saw the American flag displayed in some way or another (little flags, big flags, bumpersticker flags, etc.). And that we were proud to display our flag. He said in Germany, some ppl are not comfortable displaying the German flag because of the shame of the Holocaust.
Any thoughts on this?
How do you feel about your country's flag?

As idiotic as America is, I love it for fucking better or worse. But I would not be caught dead in patriotic jewelry or clothing. But I do have a pair of American flag Converse hi-tops.

yes, in Germany i understand they don't wave the flag (wave that flag, wave it wide and high, summer times come come and gone my oh my!) and even during the World Cup when folks would wave the flag, other germans would accuse them of being NAZIS!
I love it, personally, I can't stand seeing the stars and stripes everywhere, it is blatant fascism and Germans are smart to avoid such mindless patriotism.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|