View Single Post
Old 05.05.2010, 04:25 PM   #141
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I can see how the latter is presumed in the former but then I can hardly see how the latter is interesting or significant in any attempt to understanding the cause of these cutbacks.

it is significant if your aim is not to simply "understand" the cutbacks (is it really that hard?), but to alter, prevent, or diminish the cutbacks.

Quote:
Your historical perspective undercuts all this re-invention talk.

how? explain. because i see the humanities reinventing themselves with the times. instead of declaring "undercuts!" do explain -- how?

Quote:
It would be so convenient yet pointless if the humanities were something other than the humanities.

everything changes, including the humanities, parmenides. i'm of the heraclitean persuasion-- stay still & perish like a dog.

speaking of which, this business office i need to visit closes at 5 so i gotta go but i will read your predictably cranky answer at a later time.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|