View Single Post
Old 08.30.2016, 09:57 AM   #19380
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Saw this in theater. 3/5 stars. I was bored with the same old action tropes (swarm of bug-like bad guys? check. controlled by a master controller? check. Bad Guy has beef with federation? check)

I liked it enough as an entertaining swashbuckler, but it in no way made me think anything remotely star trek-ian. I like Trek for the moral dillemas, the personal dramas, and the difficult questions that the characters must deal with. this beyond movie has none of that.

Sorry to hear that. I still haven't seen it. They pulled it from local theaters after less than three weeks. Odd, considering it received pretty good reviews and made a fair amount of money and was unanimously praised for being better than Into Darkness (which I liked, 'cause it was fun). Oh, and considering it's the 50th anniversary. Stupid local theaters.

I'm still going to see it, and I'm certainly going to give it a chance, but it bums me out a bit to hear your reaction, because I like Star Trek for all the same reasons you do.

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|