View Single Post
Old 08.28.2016, 12:41 PM   #19371
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
from most recent to farther back

concussion - a 2013 rose troche production about affluent cheating lesbians in post-gentrification new york. it moves at ultraslow pace but the story ultimately proves good.

max manus - 2008 norwegian action movie about their ww2 resistance hero. the story is a bit choppy but the movie is alright.

largo winch - preposterous euro/asian corporate intrigue/revenge action flick that manages to be entertaining in the face of extensive cheesiness if that's what you come to expect, in a transporter 2 kind of way but without so much driving, instead with megacorporations, helicopters, boats, knife fights, you name it

mesrine - 2-part quasi-epic biopic about 70's french criminal jacques mesrine. it's basically a crime/action flick, but really well shot, good writing, and some awesome performances. i enjoyed it.

the names of love - sort of hilarious french romcom of the kind you never could make in 'merica because it would require knowing history and shit like that, but with tits so america would say no again. not a great movie but kind of a breath of fresh air, like-- there was sex but it wasn't rape-like.

potiche - françois ozon in goofy mode looks at women's lib in 70's france, starring catherine deneuve as a bourgeois aged housewife and a mastodontic gérard dépardieu as a communist politician. yes yes, with musical numbers.

wendy and lucy - a slow-moving but nice indie short-story-type neorealist movie about a homeless girl stuck in oregon on her way to alaska looking for work. with carey mulligan doing her best to look plain.

dc cab - worse than i expected and i expected bad

stripes - kinda funny 80s comedy, with tits

coming up next:

renoir (some french biopic)

andrzej wajda's "a generation", first of his much praised ww2 trilogy. been waiting for this one a while
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|