View Single Post
Old 08.28.2016, 12:12 PM   #19368
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
It has a nasty misanthropic air and too much unpleasant violence, I guess so you'll take it more seriously. The director is kind of dumb and can't really sustain the proper tone. Should I laugh when so and so gets shot or not? I sometimes got confused, like the innocent neighboring lady who accidentally gets shot through a window. I felt bad even through I think I was supposed to be enjoying myself. I'm not sure. You know, more I think about it, it really is a shitty movie. And it seems a setup for an even shittier sequel.

EDIT: I wrote while you posted. Looks like you got suckered. It's a stupid popcorn movie that no one should take seriously as a political statement.

Wow, you're a fickle little fucker. AND you write slow.

The director is dumb, sure. The movie was solid though. And yeah, there were some issues with tone. The neighbor getting shot was kind of a bummer, but it was incidental violence, designed to elicit a kind of startled "ha-ah!" rather than an outright laugh. That shit's everywhere, and it's more gruesome in many films than it was in Nice Guys.

I'm surprised at how you can like a film, and then say it was shitty after something like one minute of reflection. Serious about-face. I don't trust your perspective at all now because. Nothing prone to change that quickly should be taken seriously.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|