View Single Post
Old 07.07.2014, 11:51 PM   #6
rocky
bad moon rising

rocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
are you asking for a thematic or aural connection between three songs or how do you mean? trying to get at where you are coming from

Any connection between three songs will work! Thematic and aural will be very interesting as there are some out there, but certainly also the indescribable connections that can be found just by having them play one after the other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I don't like this thread because you can't just arbitrarily link together Sonic Youth songs like that.. Trilogy was really just one song, it sounds like a cohesive unit, it was just labelled as if it were 3 different songs 1970s LP style to stretch out the royalties

I understand It is mostly using Trilogy as an example, it is almost sort of just like making short SY mixtapes or imaginary EPs to share. I do think that the unique depth of emotion and tonality within Sonic Youth music allows this to be somewhat more possible than with many other groups. Here is one for you and one for Panto also!

Providence
Stereo Sanctity
Hits of Sunshine

~

Beauty Lies In the Eye
JC
Massage the History