View Single Post
Old 05.19.2019, 08:14 AM   #23918
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryHill51
It's one of the best films of the decade....a swirling, ebullient ode to a certain city (Rome) and the array of friends, hangers-ons and society within. It's also a mysterious and moving exploration of the way we meld the past and present, brimming with imagination and life. Scenes like the midnight entrance to an ancient museum, Jep’s interaction with a magician and his giraffe, and his various walks around the city, with gazes into the eyes of couples in restaurants and meandering streets feel like dreamy excerpts from a novel. I love everything about this movie.

I've seen virtually all of Sorrentino's other stuff. I think I'm one of the few who adores "This Must Be the Place" and his early films like "One Man Up" and "The Consequences of Love" deftly establish his style and tempo beautifully.

Yeah, that’s a really enjoyable movie. I haven’t seen any of his other works, but will try to find them. Thanks!
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|