View Single Post
Old 07.24.2008, 10:49 PM   #62
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I guess I just look at challenging in a different way than you.

I think "challenging" means I'm challenging my tastes, challenging my perception of what's good or whatever. Magik Markers are easy listening; they don't challenge me in the least, from any angle. They don't appeal to me in any way. At this point, nothing really challenges me, because I actually try to listen to and appreciate everything now. What would I consider challenging music? I guess Jandek.. Jon - Smoke (a little girl playing an organ and singing for 20 minutes)... you know, stuff that's difficult to get into.

I guess it creates a condtradiction in a sense, if challenging music is music you actively seek out because it's difficult to listen to. But I end up being rewarded often when discovered guys banging on cans for hours and it ends up being completely compelling and amazing in a surreal way. I wouldn't label Markers as a challenge at all... unless I'm just not understanding your point. They're, like, easy listening rock music that make noise and I don't like their songs .

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|