View Single Post
Old 06.24.2012, 11:28 AM   #15922
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks to a bed-ridding virus and torrenting, I got caught up on some recent Hollywood droppings.

Project X- Sucked, sucked, sucked, sucked. Not one single laugh, not one single original thought, in the entire movie.

21 Jump Street- Actually co-written by the guy who wrote Project X. I read his script months ago and thought it sucked, so I was surprised at how much good fun this was. Sometimes extra writers and even studio imput can improve a script, it seems.

Prometheus- So confusing, but maybe because I watched a crappy cam version (which, by the way, still made the film look impressive. Kudos to the art department, cinematographer, special effects crew). I didn't get it at all. I mean, who was the dude at the beginning who crumbles to death? It just got more bewildering after that. And a woman scientist? Please!

Dictator- A few cheap laughs throughout and a brilliantly funny speech at the end. Cohen sure loves his toilet humor, which is fine, but I thought he was sharper than that. Maybe not. And maybe he's coming dangerously close to falling into the "over-rated" bin. I dunno. Could've been better, many would have made it a lot worse.

Jeff Who Still Lives at Home- I didn't realize this was one of those thoughtful, slightly meloncholy indie flicks. I thought I wasn't too invested in the proceedings until one of the characters ends up in a life-threatening situation and I found myself caring quite a lot. Better than SIGNS.

GOD BLESS AMERICA is still the best flick of 2012 that I've seen so far.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|