View Single Post
Old 05.01.2019, 03:35 PM   #5536
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses

This was (unexpectedly?) SO GOOD. It's about the author's search for her family's history. Her parents came to Germany from the Ukraine as forced labourers during WW2, her mother killed herself when the author herself was very young. Her father lived a bunch longer, but he apparently didn't talk a lot about their family? So, one day the author googles her mother's name, makes a post on a message board, and WHAM! some guy emails her, and, for some reason, helps her research the family on her mother's side. SOMEHOW; they find SOME members of her family, but most of them have never met the author's mother. Very interesting family history. Through one relative, she comes into the possession of one of her aunt's diaries, so one part of the book is the reproduction of that diary. However, she doesn't find out much about her mother in that diary, since the aunt left the family very early to study in Odessa... Though the diary, the author finds out how her family got seperated in the war, though. Third part is the author's own memory of her mother and her own early life in germany. I THINK there is a book out about her father, too. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|