Thread: Nine Inch Nails
View Single Post
Old 10.28.2018, 05:05 PM   #97
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I like Bad Witch, but like Add Violence and the other one, I consider it an EP... it’s about as long as Kanye’s “Ye,” which I also refuse to consider a full-length album.

The shortest 'album' I've ever seen is Group Sex, by a punk band called Circle Jerks. It's all of 15 minutes long. By that standard, Bad Witch is definitely an album - but I don't accept it as one, because it was sold as an EP.

Add Violence > Bad Witch > Not The Actual Events, with all of them being about mid-range.

Quote:
I’ve always liked NIN, but the glory days were the ‘90s. Early ‘00s stuff has some nice moments but doesn’t quite feel the same. The Slip and Ghosts I-IV are my favorites from the ‘00s era.

The Slip was the first full-length album that I looked at, no doubt because it was free. I'd probably say that it's a good introduction to NIN, because it covers most of the areas that they've reached beforehand.

Quote:
Didn’t care much for Hesitation Marks.
The EPS are an improvement from that one but don’t get me as excited as a full-length or a badass Reznor/Ross soundtrack like The Social Network or Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Should really relisten to the soundtracks. I looked at HM for the first time in a while last week and, while it's not as bad as I'd initially thought, it's still unlikely to be one I'll choose to listen to.

Quote:
“The Perfect Drug” is one of NIN’s best — and most underrated — songs. The radio edit was just as punchy, just a groovy l and just as ballistic-missile chaotic in the unwinding final third as “Closer.” Excellent single, excellent song.

Thanks to a compilation album that my dad had, that was the first NIN song I heard. It's brilliant.

Quote:
NIN learned from Aphex Twin.

I'm assuming that you've heard his 'remixes' on Further Down the Spiral?
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|