View Single Post
Old 09.23.2008, 12:12 PM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
my g/f loves this song, it creeps her out and then makes her cry

we have talked about it for hours trying to decipher it and have come up with various id4eas, but one sticks in my mind.

I think the song is a memory being told by a grown up adult thinking about a time when he was a child and had a pet dog, the "golden Blue" in the title, and the change that comes once the dog/pet has passed on and you relive your old childhood memories with that dog.

at first we thought it was about someone who lost a son or a brother, but it makes mor sense as an exploration of that grief that never fgoes away, and is just as fresh revisited decades later, upon reflecting on the death of a loved one.

I still cry a bit when I think of my old dog Butch.