View Single Post
Old 10.13.2010, 05:01 AM   #25244
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Okay, I've got a question: What exactly is flac? Like, it's "high quality" audio files, I get that, but how is it different than a 320/48 mp3? And why are the files bigger than even decompressed wav files? Like, what are the exact benefits of listening to an underproduced, druggy, hazey, sloppy (but timeless) album like LAT in flac? I'm genuinely curious, I don't know anything about the flac format and what makes it special, so someone please enlighten me.

And The Shaggs clearly knew how to play. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. perhaps the drummer didn't have much talent, but the guitarist/vocalist was amazing.. and again, obviously a big inspiration to Deerhoof and such. Great riffing, also tons of loooooooong stretches of singing the exact notes she was playing on guitar, which is a fun trick (one utilized by THurston and Deerhoof a lot). Great band, one of the best.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|