View Single Post
Old 01.27.2009, 02:36 AM   #8
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
just because something is weird doesn't make it awesome.

AC has matured from their early 20 year-old selves and realized that weird music doesn't necessarily mean good music.

I'm not saying anything about jandek, as I will happily give this a listen, but there is no way it can be 1 million times better than MPP because its "weird".

and i love weird. and I can be hella weird sometimes. and I worship Beefheart.

Who are you directing this at? It's certainly not at me. Did someone send you a PM saying "man, check out the jandek thread; that album's better than MPP because it's WEIRD." .... Because I never said anything like that nor suggested that this album is better "cuz duh heyyy man its fuckin weeerder than animul colleective dawg". My enjoyment of music has nothing to do with its "weirdness", I was simply noting, man Jandek keeps getting stranger on every release! Sorry to be an asshole here, but come on. To even suggest that's how I feel about music is kind of retarded.

Also, gotta disagree, Beefheart isn't "weird", aside from some of his lyrics. Forward-thinking and inventive, yes.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|