View Single Post
Old 10.29.2008, 08:49 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
This is something I've been pondering. In Pop, Rock n Roll, Jazz, Funk, Hip Hop, and other popular genres, people are constantly trying to determine who is the best. I mean, like, many would consider Hendrix to be the best Rock n Roll guitarist, despite the fact if they actually dig his shit or not. But this is different for Noise. Obviously Noise is one of the few styles of music that still has an amazing amount of creativity and uniqueness, and admittedly is one of the few genres I still pay a lot of attention to. Noise is a music of feeling. It is easily the most physical music in the world, and the only way to really enjoy it is to shut your mind the fuck off and just let the music hit you. Because of this, does it actually leave you time to analyze where the music stands in the lineage of musical history? Even Noise music criticism often consists of nothing more than surrealistic, stream of conciousness, adjective heavy "nothing writing" ("nothing writing" is the term i've used to descrive my style of music writing, totally personal, makes no sense to anyone but me, etc..). The only way to really determine how good Noise is, is through repeated listening. It's only when you can desensitize yourself to the intensity of the volume and dissonance that you can judge the sound from an objective perspective.

So, if you could say that the best noise band/artist is _, what would you say?

For me, I think I would go with the Skaters. Why? Simple, out of the thousands of Noise bands out there the Skaters are the only one that sound like NOTHING else.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|