View Single Post
Old 06.20.2008, 10:49 PM   #7
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
1. In The Fishtank 9

Personally, I was never too crazy about it. I just think that with the size and combined talent of the ensemble, I find it frustrating that none of the tracks seem to ever find a form at all. I understand that that probably wasn't the point, but I just don't find myself returning to it often at all. I remember running into Thurston soon after its release and I mentioned it to him, and he hinted that he wasn't all that happy with the outcome.

i agree w/ this. almost never listened to it.

Quote:
2. Hidros 3

This I enjoy. Kim's vocal tracks remind me of "Contre Le Sexism," and Jim's work is rather interesting. Though it came out during the NURSE period, I find it has more of A THOUSAND LEAVES feel to it (in that it sounds somewhat akin to SYR2 and 3.)

it was recorded in october 2000 at the end of the 'nyc ghosts' tour, so you're close w/ thousand leaves. if you haven't read the stories behind those shows, take a look in the concert chronology. interesting ideas.

edit: just reread those entries myself, wow! they should release every night!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|