View Single Post
Old 04.10.2006, 08:47 AM   #57
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I just wanna say something that's purely down to what I believe and I want to say aloud so no biting my head off afterwards

The thing about this festival is that it's (sorry if this sounds corny) almost a celebration of music and discovering new bands of which Thurston has the honor to do. I keep thinking that maybe Sonic Youth are going to see this a just the same old gig but in a new place (ie/ not london) and by that I mean they're just doing it to promote their new album not just for the fun of the new album. So they'll just be playing the whole or near enough the whole of the new album with a couple of old songs chucked in to keep people happy. I know that if I was in a big band woth a back catalogue of songs like SY I'd sure as hell wanna make this gig special.

Does no one else think for this one gig they should play a wide spectrum of their songs and not just focus on the new songs even if it's for just one gig?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|