View Single Post
Old 02.04.2007, 05:53 PM   #11
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
touring is a very difficult thing however touring a band is far easier than touring a theatre company. i have done the touring band thing in a 3 piece in a van with our gear, yes it costs more than you make and can be very tedious but it can also be very rewarding. touring a theatre company which is what i do these days is incredibly difficult. this is what we tour: 2 musicians and quite alot of gear, 6 actors, a director, a lighting designer, and a sound engineer. then there is venue hire, paying of local crew which we can minimise quite a lot because of my normal job as a theatre engineer, on top of that is marketing which we try and make almost half our budget so we get people in. in each state we spend about two days putting our posters everywhere instead of paying someone to do posters. then we generally have to put on opening night drinks which is standard fare in the industry because opening night is usually industry / media night. this all adds up to be quite a lot and we are mostly self funded, we end up losing approximately 5k a tour, but this is slowly starting to shrink as more and more people see our shows and know what we do isn't standard theatre. really the dresden dolls can fuck off and buy a van, sleep in the van, and shut the fuck up whinging little bitches, instead of hiring a tour bus and probably staying in quite nice hotels etc.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|