View Single Post
Old 07.31.2007, 08:18 PM   #94
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone

Buffy St Marie, Fahey, Basho, 6 Organs, Stone Breath, Metzger, and many others in this discussion are Americans. I just think you were hoping to go a little further back, which is definitely a worthwhile place to go.

and jack rose, man.

recommended listening for this thread is nick drake's family tree, you can clearly hear his roots on american folk and the blues...i think i should add something to this sentence but i'll let it slide unless someone brings it up.

recommended reading is dylan's chronicles, not so much for him but for his (and many of his contemporaries') influences and range and how he talks about them, not only in music but also in literature.

oh yeah and expanding on the previous c93 mention, last year's masterpiece, black ships ate the sky is definitely a great folk record.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|