View Single Post
Old 08.18.2006, 06:55 PM   #1
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Haven't read any discussion on this current incarnation of this board on the ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK (haha) that Sonic Youth did for Demonlover.

I just relistened to it today for the first time in years, and goddamn is it good stuff... They were really at the top of their game at this point in time after doing Murray Street.

Demonlover is such a nice mix of mellow soundscape, with interesting touches not unsimilar from the free noise stuff they do, but so much tighter and controlled. I remember being really impressed when it came out that Sonic Youth were finding their "classic" rock hippy voice in the Murray Street material while at the same time being tighter than they ever had been on the abstract instrumental noise side. Integrating melody and shit.

Really underheard, unnapreciate soundtrack... Even by Sonic Youth fans... maybe I should dig out Made in the USA again... haven't listened to that in ages, and maybe never really listened to it intently.

Demonlover, the movie, on the otherhand,I thought was reallly really silly, and not very good at all.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|