View Single Post
Old 08.20.2012, 11:09 PM   #92
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Not sure what a Zinger Tower Burger is, but my only point was that DKR wasn't attempting to be the film Cronenberg is explaining. While I realize his comments are directed towards people who have viewed the film (not the film itself), he does go on to say a few other things that I felt could've been worded better.

I believe it is possible to elevate a certain style of film without having to be the most intellectually interesting piece of work. Sure it's Batman, but I'd still say that for a superhero movie it was quite intelligent (and as you somewhat pointed out) compared to its "competition". Why can't the film be seen for what it is then? does a film have to be one certain way? is there even a "right way" to make a film? if so, how? That was my point about what I thought sounded a little narrow-minded. I don't know, I don't mind if I'm alone on this.

I'm also excited to see the newest film Cronenberg directed by the way, Cosmopolis. I have a good feeling about it.

Not alone at all. I entirely agree. There isn't really a problem with the film so much as with its biggest fans and its staunchest critics equally trying to turn it into something it isn't.

Oh, a Zinger Tower Burger:

Think of it as the Iron Man of fast food burgers (in a good way)
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|