Thread: Bikini kill
View Single Post
Old 06.02.2006, 05:25 PM   #87
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
I don't know. I'm no expert on the subject by any means.

I just always thought Riot Grrl was more about female empowerment. That they were a bunch of chicks who were pissed off at the male dominated aesthetics of punk rock and wanted to create music by females for females to voice their anger at the way women were treated in society. Rape, sexuality, issues like that. Not so much that they wanted to be treated equally. More of a "we're females and proud of it and you can't tell us how to act" sort of a thing. They created a medium to voice their frustrations.

yeah but the approach they took is not conducive to communicating a message, i mean if you want people to hear what you have to say then the way to do that isn't to create your own private indie-ghetto, which is what happened with riot grrrl
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|