View Single Post
Old 09.12.2014, 07:58 AM   #1075
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
ok, so this is a prime example of 'different but overlapping tastes.' Of course, I totally disagree on Em (and I'm not sure how you wouldn't like something like "Criminal" w/ Hov, but I digress...), and while I *technically* disagree on 50 - meaning I don't see him as any sort of savior or whatever, I completely agree that he was programmed to be a star. Y'know for all the talk he did of seeing him "in the club," apparently that's not what Curtis was like at all. Meaning he was all biz. When I read Prodigy's book he talked about how if you knew Curtis you'd never see him drink or smoke because he was just too focused on work.

As a rapper, I don't find Fif remotely as talented as Em. But this isn't a competition. Nor is my opinion more valid than yours. 50 definitely knew how to work w/ what he has. And he knew what people wanted. He delivered.

I feel like G-Unit took what Dipset did and streamlined it. I mean everything was so calculated. It was a biz for sure. Right down to recruiting Buck and Game.

I admit I haven't heard everything in his discography. I haven't heard Get Rich in whole yet. But I did recently pick it up. The singles are all awesome on it though.

Animal Ambition from this year was pretty boring. But it's not "bad." There wasn't really anything on it that I hated... just nothing I really loved.

I recently talked in this thread about how shockingly good Beg For Mercy is.

I'll try to listen to Get Rich soon and leave my thoughts. I also have No Mercy No Fear and Terminate On Sight that I found recently too. Oh damn, apparently I have Massacre too haha.