View Single Post
Old 08.10.2016, 06:27 PM   #88
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Also I was pretty sure we were talking about different things, and I think that was fairly true. I was on about after effects, you were on about immediate effects.

i specifically mentioned that psilocybin has very different after effects than LSD, in particular the idea of serotonin dumping.
Quote:
I get what you're saying about the word "toxic" — macro level accurate, micro level not so much. Fair enough.
thank you its all i was asking for

Quote:
And maybe I did act pissing contesty... I'm an imperfect person, and I'm definitely not above that kind of shit. Also, a part of me wants more than anything to go back in time to when studying this stuff — not this stuff specifically, but neuroscience and neurochemistry — were essentially my livelihood. I fucked that up, so perhaps I have some issues with pride and whatnot surrounding discussions of science.
i know all of this, that is precisely why i was trying to have such an indepth conversation, most people i know wouldn't be able to have a discussion about the nuances of how different chemicals are psychoactive in different ways because of acting on different receptor sites.
frankly its what i meant by "you're smarter than this"

Quote:

I apologize if I gave you the impression that I don't like you. And yeah, I skimmed some of that shit. But we both know you weren't posting peer approved experimental journal articles. Anyway, I just want to take this moment to point out once again how mature and self aware I am.

indeed but its not like i posted anecdotes and non science garbage too.. you know damn well there was some intriguing stuff there. worth investigating further.

thank you for productively engAging in the discussion, this was what i hoped for

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|