View Single Post
Old 03.06.2018, 08:14 PM   #22208
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
let’s talk about pacific rim! martial arts + mecha + kaiju

totally cheesy pastiche, loaded with spectacular effects, and never preteding to be a serious movie, this is del toro’s grindhouse, and i’m not sure it beats planet terror but it’s way more spectacular.

surely no oscars for that movie but—what fun! ha ha ha.

where del toro shat the bed was with “the strain” after the first season. but i forgive him.

You know what? I don’t even remember anything specific about Pacific Rim except for cool fighting and terrible dialogue about whether or not the operators are — what’s the term? Compatible, basically, but I forget how they say it. ??

Anyway, sounds like you feel about it the way I feel about Kill Bill (never seen the Grindhouse movies). Maybe I’ll Give it another shot.

There’s a sequel coming out in like a week I think.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|