Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 12.09.2006, 12:23 PM   #138
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
RATS... never tried the turbo rat, i do have just the rat and it does the job for me... as i wanted a distortion box that would fit somewhere between the clean tone on my fender twin and the jump blast to my bigmuff, the rat has enough spikey bite to cut through without taking it the next level with ultra noisey feedback and sustain, for that kinda stuff i use the bigmuff... but when i run the rat in conjunction with the muff its totally intense chaotic insanity, so much sustain it rules.

i pretty easily modded my russian muff reissue, clipped off one of the capicators (if you open the unit up and look at the circuitboard, it be the green capacitor that runs vertically below the LED, before clipping it run a piece of wire between the two wire points, plug in the unit and listen to the difference) so i replaced it with just a piece of wire it noticabley increased the gain and bass response in a beneficial way to me to where it sounds like a souped-up original, again its quite easy to do because you don't have to remove the jacks which are cheap and too easily breakable on these muffs... i did the mod again though it was slightly more challenging on another bigmuff (they are relatively cheap) such that i added a switch to go from the orginal sound to the new higher gain/bass sound. though the 2 are slightly different sounding, its not uncommon for any pedal of the same type to be slightly different. years ago i tried the USA reissue and thought it was too uncontrollable and horrible sounding... very muddy fuzz and very small control on the gain, but that was years ago before i know what i know now. though i have no need to go back to that. tried a little bigmuff since i liked how compact it looked and also thinking it would give a sound inbetween the russian and the USA reissues... but i was wrong, and was not pleased with it sounded too muddy at all settings.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|