View Single Post
Old 06.28.2009, 01:09 AM   #1
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
hi,

I just got back from the first of two Chicago shows. I was lucky enough to nab the setlist (I got the mad wingspan, beyotches), so here it is:

Sacred Trickster
No Way
Poison Arrow
Calming the Snake
Tom Violence
Malibu Gas Station
Antenna
Leaky Lifeboat
Hey Joni
Anti-Orgasm
Massage the History
Pacific Coast Highway

What We Know
The Sprawl

Bull in the Heather
The World Looks Red

It was a very good show. I'm going to write a proper review tomorrow on my blog, but little bits:

A very un-talkative Thurston and company. Very workmanlike. I'm a big fan of Thurston's banter, so this was slightly disappointing.

Good enthusiastic crowd. I was right up front, so I'm not sure if this carried over to the back (the vic is long and narrow).

The new songs sounded great. "Massage" definitely won me over (I wasn't a huge fan). "PCH" was an unexpected highlight. "World Looks Red" was a hot mess, but very cool. Thurston went batshit crazy on it.

Sound was pretty muddy. Lee and Kim's vox didn't have a lot of punch, but it might have been where I was standing.

No long noise jams or anything spontaneous. No complaints, though. I've seen a lot of these and this one would rank a solid "solid".

Some cool merchandise including a Bad Moon Rising record bag that I'm going to get tomorrow (didn't have the lettuce tonight).

Read my blog for a LONG review. Also, I'm reviewing every song on every album (I'm up to EVOL) if anyone is interested.

http://carvedsukk4honesty.blogspot.com/

See you tomorrow!
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|