View Single Post
Old 10.23.2017, 08:37 AM   #49225
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth
Master-Dik
1987, I don't even know where to begin on this EP. I mean obviously this was super light-hearted. The version of "Master-Dik" here is different than the one that was tacked on to Sister, with this one being drum machine driven. It's not as good in my opinion, although "Master-Dik" itself was always mostly a throwaway to me. The studio version of "Beat On The Brat" would be the real reason to even throw this EP on as far as I'm concerned. I mean, all the other stuff (which basically comprises a twenty-or-so-minute collage) is just kind of funny or interesting, but nothing that I feel compelled to come back to very often. The impromptu "Ticket To Ride" is kind of funny, and actually "Ringo" can make me nod but the entire second side of the EP is just scraps of stuff. Whatever. I'd say that this release was more a prequel for the Ciccone Youth project than anything else, and really that album came out way more listenable in my book.