View Single Post
Old 05.24.2015, 12:42 PM   #46692
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Guest, have I said something bad to you or whatīs your problem?

The easiest thing is to think "there is Genteel who poisons all and everything else is just beautiful as flowers here". I think the whole SYG (maybe the whole internet) is full of strange attitudes and strange behaviour towards those who are not a part of that mode. I have met the same things here as Severian now did for the difference I didnīt have any friends who defense me like Severian has had.

I know I canīt write about the music like Severian just because my English skills. But can somebody finally tell me why it seem to be "cooler" to listen and write about new music than old music? I havenīt seen lots of writings about Exile, there are lots of great old music nobody has ever discussed here (itīs always the same Velvet, the Kinks, Bowie, Beefheart, Stooges, Modern Lovers & 76-79 punk & new wave are great). Have you all read some "What Sy-fan should listen and what not"-book?

I really have felt almost all of my time here some people seem to be better than the others and those who are not should not be here. And I think Severian has always been in that "better" peopleīs group, this has been first time somebodies say something against him and then there is some guest who is really upset. And I think you will be glad because I am going to continue to be here, the naive myself.

Hey, Now... I've never been anything but nice to you. I know we disagree about some bands and stuff, but I've never thought you were uncool because of your taste in music. I honestly don't think like that. I think judging people based on the music they listen to is insanely stupid, and I feel that people should be able to completely disagree about music and still be totally civil and even friendly with one another.

Honestly, when I see your name, I read your posts because I have always liked you. So I'm not sure why you think I'm "better" than anyone, least of all you. But if I've given you that impression I truly do apologize.

And finally, if you read more of my posts you'd know that I am a massive fan of a lot of the artists you listed. The Kinks and Captain Beefheart especially. I'm a total drooling fanboy for both, as well as the Stooges and Bowie and VU. Old music is great!

I really would love to be done talking about this now, because I'm not interested in having unproductive, negative conversations. But I'm a little shocked to hear how you think of me. I wanted to let you know that I see things totally differently. I don't care what music you like. Well- actually I do. I like talking about music, even if it's music I don't like. But I don't dislike you because you like Led Zeppelin. And I'm pretty careful not to say "Led Zeppelin sucks," because it's not objectively true. I try to say "they're not my kind of thing, but I enjoy this song and that song well enough."

anyway, my apologies if I've ever made you feel judged, or given you the impression that I thought you were inferior. Maybe I should be saying this in a pm, but his is how I feel about everyone. I judge people for how they treat others, more than anything else. You're not an asshole to people, so you're a-ok with me.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|