View Single Post
Old 10.04.2018, 09:19 AM   #5251
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
slowly resumed moby dick cuz i got sidetracked

oh yes im still on land. so many old words and meanings to learn it’s a bit of a slog, but i don’t mind. the kindle is reeeeeeeally useful in this regard, loading a dictionary with a tap of the finger and it explains to me this or that piece of clothing, another shoots off to wikipedia and i read about the uses of whale oil, etc.—stuff that was obvious 200 years ago but now isnt.

i don’t miss paper books... well as precious objects yes, but for reading, ebooks have deeper veins.

who here is old enough to have dreamed of owning the OED? the one that took a whole wall was unattainable, but what about the two volume one with the magnifying glass? ha ha ha ha. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. o man...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|