View Single Post
Old 04.18.2006, 08:59 PM   #14
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
1. Have you, personally, been affected in any way (positively or negatively) by the presence of Mexican or Latino immigrants?

in southeast virginia? don't think so.

2. Do you feel threatened in any way by the presence of immigrants?

not at all.

3. How many undocumented immigrants do you think are currently in the United States?

hell, i forget the figure.

4. Why do you think people cross the border?

jobs. definitely jobs.

5. There are a number of proposals for immigration reform being debated in Congress. How much of a priority is immigration reform to you?

not much of one.

6. What kind of measures should be taken with those who are apprehended for being in the country illegally?

depends on whether they're doing something illegal. if they are they're not citizens so they presumably can't be prosecuted under american law (though i'm not familiar with such matters, so correct me if i'm wrong), so deportation may be the only answer there. if they're law-abiding leave tham alone.

7. Do you think immigrants should have the opportunity to establish themselves as legal permanent residents? Under what conditions?

yes, definitely -- predicated on good behavior while in the us.

8. Although there is much debate, most people believe that something needs to be done to monitor immigration and maintain control of the border. What do you think should be done? What would be your solution?

just get a better police force in border states. to close the border or "secure" it as the euphemism goes would be a terrible idea; this is, after all, a nation of immigrants, and the country that supposedly abides by the philosophy "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. . . ."

9. Do you believe that national identity cards are a good idea and might help solve the problems?

NO NO NO. the whole thing would just be a disaster. national id numbers would just be stolen for identity theft, the gov't. could use them for all kinds of invasions of privacy, psycho fundamentalist christians would refuse to carry them on the grounds that to do so would be to take "the mark of the beast," etc.

10. What responsibilities, if any, do you think immigrants have to the U.S.?

abide by its laws, learn english, and make sure they don't add to the liabilities of the already burgeoning welfare system (which, by the way, should go, but that's another story).

11. Have you had any experience living in or visiting another culture? Have you had any experience in Mexico?

hahaha . . . does little italy in nyc count? (no, never been to mexico, or any foreign country for that matter.)

12. Have any of your family members emigrated from another country in recent generations?

my mother's mother's father's parents emigrated from russia . . . that might be too far back.

13. What kind of effect do you think immigrants have on the U.S.? Positive? Negative?

generally positive -- look at andrew carnegie.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|