View Single Post
Old 02.27.2016, 03:11 PM   #12
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
N: What was the writing and recording process like for Parplar, and how did it differ from your process of creating previous work?

LG: First of all I wrote the songs before recording them,which I had never done before. Then I welcomed a notorious pervert to have his way with my songs, and he ended up just wanting to help me make them as beautiful as they were inside my head. I didn’t fight with Michael Gira nearly as much as I expected to. He is a psychic, seeing deeply into my own personal vision, and he was very respectful and helpful and useful. We did a lot of surrendering. We said yes to everything. We did it quickly and we didn’t question ourselves. There was total confidence and joy in the making of this album. It practically created itself.

Making this record was different from the others also in that I
invited a man to balance my feminine energy somewhat and banish the
radioactive pink unicorns from my ovaries. Michael thinks I became a
woman in the process of making this record, like I was a little girl
before. He is partially right, but I wasn’t a child, I was an alien
and genderless creature. Now I am a Femme Fatale. Watch out.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|