View Single Post
Old 11.07.2006, 03:35 PM   #79
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinrecluse
hey chris - why did the sightings footage get dropped?

the prurient footage is my fav so far - dom is intense as hell. watching his neck pulsing is rad!

the magik markers footage is my least fav so far. not to be rude, but i think the slo-mo footage kills all the energy of their set.

their set was weirdly lit and for the most part, mellow. i also only had one camera for most of it. i really liked what they did sonically for the segment of music i picked, but the actual images that went with that sound had very little energy. to mittigate everything, i picked the images from their whole set that i liked best and played a little game where i tried to match something about them to the music. i slowed the footage down to make it clear that it wasn't supposed to sync to the sound. it was more of a deconstructive exercise than a performance edit. some people enjoy it some don't. that's fine with me.

but yeah. dom's set was great.

sightings got dropped cos i agreed to only include it on the festival edition. it was actually one of my favorite things on the first disc, but the band requested that it not be on the commercial release for what are more or less obvious reasons that have nothing to do with the video or the music. they said i could use anything from their set from the following year, but that set didn't have the same ragged energy that i loved so much in the first year. i left them in the interstitials to insure that people will always ask where the hell their set is.
chabib is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|