View Single Post
Old 08.03.2014, 10:00 PM   #18135
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i watched what i think are 2 important movies in the past few days but i only have the mental clarity to write about the first one.

buñuel's THE MILKY WAY

it's been a long time that i have laughed so hard about anything that wasn't idiotic dumbfuckery and turd jokes, so let me say, loudly, this was the funniest thing i have watched in a long time, and i say this having binged on "archer" this morning (archer is also great but not as smart).

the fantastic absurdity of having modern characters engaged in medieval theological disputes is just-- it's too much to explain, do you understand? because i am familiar with these disputes. they're a part of history and all that and although i do not know them deeply (because really i do not care because really they are all bullshit and not worth wasting time unless you're a believer) i do get them and i get their consequences and i get why it was that people had to be burned at the stake (it was because of power, but regardless-- it was still serious business).

two people who MUST WATCH this fucking thing are SUCHFRIENDS and poor GLICE. suchfriends because he is the only one here who has actually read that shit, glice because he is being eaten alive by theory.

anyway if anybody else dares watch this shit please consider the lillies. no, that is the life of brian. but along the same vein one could say, only lots more obscure, considering.

PLEASE ENJOY. MASTERPIECE-LEVEL COMEDY.

ps for those familiar with buñuel this somehow brought back memories of L'AGE D'OR. here's the surrealist writing an actual novel.

pps it also blows simon of the desert out of the water because that was basically one big joke and these are LEGION.

seriously, a riot.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|