View Single Post
Old 02.17.2013, 02:26 PM   #118
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
You sure are using a lot of strong words against people simply because they have opposing views on a band you seem to adore so much.

The difference between those bands - as well as others - and MBV is they actually create a hook, a song, a melody, an interesting arrangement, etc. MBV is playing a barely audible vocals over the same droney chords throughout that particular song. I don't believe myself or any other "jaded" listener should have to apologize for wanting to listen to something better or more interesting.

Like I said, if you enjoy the record, more power to you. But don't criticize others, calling us "cunts" or "jaded" simply because we don't have the excitement over it you do.

Yeah, sorry, my previous post was done in half jest, and I apologize for it's harshness. Your middle paragraph quoted above though....YIKES! MBV does "abstract" things with their music, and some find this infinitely more interesting than something that is presented "clearly defined". To my ears, the arrangements are monumentally interesting, 20+ years after Loveless, precisely because each listen has me wondering exactly what it is they are trying (or maybe not trying?) to conjure up.