View Single Post
Old 02.17.2013, 01:39 AM   #110
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
Fuuuuuck me, ....bunch of miserable cunts in this thread. I've been around a while and MBV (the band) have made a string of incredible music for 3 albums in a row now.

You sure are using a lot of strong words against people simply because they have opposing views on a band you seem to adore so much.

Quote:
I can't help but think that some of us are just so goddamn jaded that we find ways to be disappointed with anything and everything.

It's a NEW my bloody valentine album for fuck's sake!

Jaded? Hardly. Just from my own experience, I loved Dinosaur's comeback, especially Beyond. Superchunk returned with one of their best albums period in 2010. In Prism by Polvo was simply great. Mission of Burma has released a string of great records since reuniting. If you call them shoegaze, I'm beyond excited for the new Swervedriver record sometime this year.

The difference between those bands - as well as others - and MBV is they actually create a hook, a song, a melody, an interesting arrangement, etc. MBV is playing a barely audible vocals over the same droney chords throughout that particular song. I don't believe myself or any other "jaded" listener should have to apologize for wanting to listen to something better or more interesting.

And I'm not buying the whole, "It's a great record because it's a new My Bloody Valentine album! I never thought it would get released! For some reason that automatically makes it amazing!". Obeying to that logic, a new 'N Sync record would be incredible because they got Justin Timberlake to come back.

Like I said, if you enjoy the record, more power to you. But don't criticize others, calling us "cunts" or "jaded" simply because we don't have the excitement over it you do.

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|