View Single Post
Old 09.04.2007, 02:27 AM   #44
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I'm right there with those that say "Starfield Road" should have been allowed to be finished! That's the case with the whole damn album though. They were trying way too hard to connect with the "indie rock kids" anb be Guided By Voices, and even name-checked that in every interview.

I think a big part of why Washing Machine is so awesome is that they realized they didn't get any more successful for doing essentially edit versions of real Sonic Youth songs and releasing that. So they went back to finishing the songs and we got "Diamond Sea" and "Washing Machine" for it. "Starfield Road" could have been a song like one of those.

I like most of the songs on EJST&NS, but I've never gotten into it as a completed album. I've also been really annoyed from the get go that Sonic Youth's arguably least experimental album (at least until Rather Ripped) has "Experimental" as the first word on the cover!
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|