View Single Post
Old 11.13.2016, 11:04 AM   #1741
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
she lost the narrative and the voters long before the coney thing

she has yet to acknowledge her betrayal of sanders, of the dem base, and of the prog media. she refused to appear on tyt. shes done and unless lessons are learned, the dems are largely done.

we passed through a very important moment here. noone believes in the liberal establishment anymore. it can no longer defeat the left electorally in the name of centrist realism. happened in the uk too.

Can't say I'm a fan of your tone here. But you don't need me to be a fan of your tone and I get that. But what Symbpls said about ambition needs to be taken extremely seriously. Hillary Clinton has gobs of it, and like many women, she is expected to hide it or apologize for it. Trump is the very picture of misdirected ambition, and -- strangely -- that's the one thing that his supporters felt "qualified" him to be president. His raw, shameless, uncontainable and undeserved conviction in himself. Hillary actually displayed something very similar, and the same people who argued that this quality was the one thing that made Trump a suitable candidate (and many who hated Trump), are saying that it's the very thing that makes HRC "corrupt" and "evil."

Essentially this serves as something of a microcosm of gender relations in the workplace. Women are picking up steam in education, becoming more credentialed and certified and so on than men on the whole, but when vying for jobs they are widely -- still, in 2016-- less valued than men.

Men are still more likely to be given employment over women of equal qualification. This was the biggest job opening in the world. Why would this be any different?

Also, because it's going to take the political scientists and statistitoons some time to retread the data and figure out what exactly went wrong and when it happened, I don't think you can say Comey didn't play a part in this. He placed a seed of doubt in the hearts of voters everywhere one week before the election, and I know several people who decided to vote Stein or abstain just days before T-Day. What he did has been defended by right wing congressmen, claiming he was doing his job, presented with an "impossible choice" and so on, yet his job was to reveal new relevant evidence about the candidate if it came up, and we all know that's not what he did. He gave us a red herring at an extremely calculated time, and I'd say he deserves to be investigated on federal criminal charges and interfering with an election.

For now, with what we know, Comey was the back-breaking straw.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|